Friday, September 11, 2015

I Have a Dream...but is that enough???

Have you ever had the pleasure (or utter gloom, depending on how you perceive them) of meeting a dreamer?? You know the kind of people I'm talking about. The ones that have a precise picture in their minds eye of the exact way their lives should be. I mean from career to the car they'll drive. The house they will own and the neighborhood in which the house should be built. They know the amount of money they want to make and the kind of person they will share it with. (oh yeah, they really are that detailed) Dreamers have a vivid imagination and picture of their fantasy life, which makes operating in the day to day mundane of real life somewhat difficult and for some it can be downright depressing. On the other hand, the beauty of a dreamer is that they are very much in tune with their inner desires and hopes. They are also very rarely driven by the almighty dollar. Instead, it is passion and desire that drives them. They are pushed by the hope that one day they will actually live outwardly, the inner dream. Yet the problem is, they have no concept of HOW to attain it!

Just in case you're wondering what makes me such a "know it all" when it comes to the dreamer, I myself used to be one!! As far back as I can remember my life was GRAND...in my mind anyway. As a matter of fact, I lived life more peacefully in my mind than I ever did in the real world. I also recognized at an early age that my perception of life was very much different from the people around me. I knew that I was special ( in a good way, lol) and I possessed some unique characteristics and gifts that would eventually make me Great. While all of this was fantastic, at 39 years old I realized not many things in my life match the picture I'd created for myself, since I was about five years old. Now the question becomes, "What am I missing?"

I began an intense self examination process. I picked apart my thoughts, actions, my work ethic as well as my focus. I then started to study the people I considered to be successful. People that were already living the life I wanted for myself. I found that while all of these people started with a dream, unlike me, they didn't stop there. Every successful person had vision! They created a clear picture of what they wanted to accomplish and then developed the strategy (step by step process) to make it happen. Both of these are essential to living out the dream. While the vision is your "What", meaning what it is that you are working towards. Strategy becomes your "How", exactly how you will make this happen. The moment you have a clear picture of where you're going and how you're going to get there, you stop merely being a dreamer, you become a Visionary!

Understand, while every visionary has a dream, not every dreamer is a visionary. Knowing this, if YOU want to live the life you've created in your mind and heart, simply having the dream is not enough. You must become a Visionary! As a visionary you have a clear and precise vision that you are able to clearly articulate that vision to your team. (Yes team! Contrary to popular belief, no one does it alone) Then you develop a strategy, which is the step by step process utilized to birth the vision. Lastly, you implement the vision!

I must be honest and say I still have those moments when I slip back into the abyss of dreamville. Now my visits are very different. Now I intentionally snatch up my dreams and turn them into vision! I have been blessed with a team of people that believe in the vision, so they motivate, encourage me and help me do the work. In turn, I am well on my way to making all of my dreams, my current reality.

Time to get out of your head dreamer and let's put in the necessary work to Becoming!!! Power and Purpose to you beautiful people!!

Lady Spry
Your Purpose Pusher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!